Warm Spiced Fruit Cereal
This is especially a good choice if you prepare it with almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, or regular organic whole milk. Topping it with raisins, flaxseeds, and nuts will add even more nutrients, fiber, omega – 3, and protein as well.
Avoid using zero calorie sugars. It will create a pseudo effect upon your brain by releasing serotonin. It results in increased appetite for carbohydrates and also stimulates fat storage.
– 1 cup uncooked chosen cereal
– 1/4 cup chopped chosen nuts (refrain from pistachios, they cause constipation)
– 2 teaspoons natural sugar
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 cup chosen milk
– 6 tablespoons chopped fresh fruit
1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add cereal, bring water to a boil, and then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until most of liquid is absorbed.
2. Stir in nuts, sugar, and cinnamon. Add 1/2 cup milk, stirring until mixture is creamy, barley is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Add an additional 1/2 cup milk, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
3. Top each bowl with chopped fruit.
Choosing healthy fats is highly important, almonds contain high amounts of protein as well as Omeg-3s which are vital in lowering cardiovascular disease risks.
– 1/2 cup almonds, ground using a food processor
– 3/4 cup coconut cream (I recommend Thai coconut milk, whole fat from the can, or Sodelicious coconut milks as well).
– 1 teaspoon natural sweetener
– I recommend that you choose which flavor you would like from below.
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder (optional)
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
– 1 teaspoon organic cocoa powder (optional)
1. Heat the coconut cream in a small saucepan on medium heat until it forms a liquid.
2. Add in the ground almonds and sweetener and stir to mix in.
3. Keep stirring for approximately 5 minutes (it’ll start to thicken a bit more).
4. Add in the spices (have a taste to check whether you want more sweetener or spices) and serve hot.
Pinto Bean Tofu Breakfast Bowls (Vegan)
This high protein, vegan, and gluten free siesta allows our pallets to explore a more gratifyingly comfort food.
– 1 teaspoon coconut oil, or pure olive oil
– 1/3 cup pinto beans boiled and mashed with plain yogurt or unsweetened milk of choice
– 1/3 cup diced, extra firm tofu
– 2 tablespoons prepared raw salsa ( uncooked red, and green tomatoes, onions, lime, and cilantro blended add a pinch of salt if desired)
– 2 tablespoons chopped avocados or guacamole
– 2 tablespoons diced green onions
– Brown rice
1. Heat small skillet with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil.
2. Cook tofu with chopped onions
3. Boil brown rice in rice cooker the night before
4. Place cooked brown rice inside the bowl after warming in the microwave
5. Then top with mashed beans and tofu.
6. Garnish with fresh salsa and guacamole.
Source : Link